Indoor Soccer Rules & Regulations
Beaches Adult Soccer League Indoor Soccer Rules
*BASL Indoor Soccer strives to ensure a safe, fun soccer experience. Violent conduct won’t be taken lightly and we reserve the right to expel and/or ban any player from this facility who continuously demonstrates poor sportsmanship, violent conduct and/or is abusive towards others. You are responsible for your own actions.
- 5 Players plus goalie.
- Coed teams must have 3 women on the field at all times (keeper is included) if short than team plays short players. (i.e. if you have one women, you would play 3 guys, 1 women. The other team does not need to play short players if they are legal.
- Minimum Number of Players to Start Match: 4, one of whom shall be a goalkeeper
- Minimum Number of Players to Finish Match: 3
- Substitution Limit: None
- Substitution Method: "On the Fly" (all players but the goalkeeper enter and leave as they please; goalkeeper substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of play and with a referee’s consent)
- Every team must appoint a captain.
- Roster freeze: In order for a player to be eligible for playoffs he/she must be signed up and have played in one regular season game
Players’ Uniform & Equipment
Numbered shirts that all match in color, shorts, socks, protective shinguards and indoor soccer footwear with rubber soles. Team must have matching colored shirts and full soccer attire. NO CLEATS.
- Duties: Enforce the laws, apply the advantage rule, keep a record of all incidents before, during and after game, stop game when deemed necessary, caution or expel players guilty of misconduct, violent conduct or other ungentlemanly behavior, allow no others or illegal players to enter the pitch, stop game to have injured players removed, signal for game to be restarted after every stoppage, decide that the ball meets with the stipulated requirements.
- Position: The side opposite to the player benches
1. Goalie can not pick ball up from a teammates pass from his/her foot. (does not matter whether or not the ball hit the wall or not) (Violation of this rule results in a indirect from the spot of the foul)
2. Goal kick is on the ground anywhere in penalty box.
3. On a throw the ball must touch a player, board, or ground before crossing half way line. (Violation of this rule results in a indirect kick from mid-field)
4. No Punting or dropkicks. (Violation of this rule results in an indirect kick from mid-field)
Duration of the Game
- Duration: Two equal periods of 25 minutes on a running clock. (Clock stops for injuries and goals)
- Half-time: Maximum of 2 minutes
The Start of Play Procedure:
Coin toss followed by kickoff; opposing team waits outside center circle or 8 yards away; ball deemed in play once it has traveled the distance of its own circumference; kicker shall not touch ball before someone else touches it; ensuing kick-offs taken after goals scored and at start of second half. The kick-off is an indirect kick and does not need to travel forward first.
Ball in and out of Play:
*Ball out of play: When it hits any part of the netting, roof, lights, or leaves field of play. (restart: Indirect kick at or beneath that point).
*When ball stops behind the net it is either a corner kick or goal kick depending on which team touched it last.
Kick-in and Free Kicks
- Kick-in to be taken in place of the throw-in.
- The ball is placed at the point it left the field or where the infraction occurred.
- The kick-in must be taken within 6 seconds after a referee has place it; if it is not, the kick-in is given to the opposing team.
- The kicker cannot play the ball a second time until it has been played by another player; infringement of this rule entail an indirect free kick to the opposing from the point of infringement.
- Players on opposing team must be at least 10ft away from point of kick-in.
- Cannot score directly from a kick-in.
Method of Scoring
When the whole of the ball has passed over the goal line, between the goal posts and under the crossbar (except by illegal means i.e. handball).
Fouls and Misconduct Direct free kick awarded when a player intentionally commits any of the following offenses (penalty kick awarded when infringement takes place in penalty area):
- kicking or attempting to kick an opponent
- tripping an opponent
- jumping at an opponent
- charging an opponent in a violent or dangerous manner
- charging an opponent from behind
- holding an opponent
- pushing an opponent
- charging an opponent with shoulder (i.e., shoulder charge)
- sliding at an opponent (i.e., sliding tackle)
- handling the ball (except goalkeeper)
Indirect free kick awarded when any of the following offenses is committed.
- dangerous play (e.g. attempting to kick ball held by goalkeeper)
- charging the goalkeeper in the penalty area (i.e., goalkeeper charge)
- goalkeeper throws ball directly over the halfway-line (without it first touching his own side of the pitch or any player)
- goalkeeper picks up or touches with his hands a kick-in or pass from a teammate
Players shall be cautioned (blue carded) when:
- Foul or abusive language to referee or another player.
- A substituting player enters the pitch from an incorrect position or before the player he is substituting has entirely left the pitch.
- A player persistently infringes the Laws of the Game.
- A player shows dissent with any decision of the referee
- A player is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Deliberately checking a player into the boards.
- Not closing door quickly after a substitution.
*These blue-card offenses are punishable by an indirect free kick taken from the point of infringement. When a blue card is issued, player must leave field for a 2 minute penalty (cool down) and must wait until referee invites him/her back on field or until opposing team scores a goal. Team must continue play with one player down.
Cautionable Offenses : (A referee issues a Yellow Card )
1. Second Blue Card
2. Provoking altercation: Making physical contact with an opponent (e.g. pushing, sliding, holding, tripping or poking), short of fighting, or using the ball in so doing.
*Yellow Card (for a player’s second Blue card): 2-minute time penalty (cool down)for the player and a warning of the subsequent possibility of an ejection. When a yellow card is issued, team must play one player down until referee invites him/her back on field or if opposing team scores a goal.
Players shall be sent off (red carded) for:
- Fighting or spitting
- serious foul play
- violent conduct
- continuous foul or abusive language
- Third Blue Card offense (i.e., second yellow card or straight red card)
- intentionally impeding a clear goal opportunity (e.g. through a "professional foul")
*When a red card is issued, a player must leave field and dugout area. Management reserves the right to expel or ban player from facility for an extended time determined by management. All red card offenses is at least a one match ban. Game continues, the team plays one player down for the rest of the game.
Rules of Expulsion:
- The player sent off is out for the rest of the game and is not permitted to stand in dugout or sit near dugout. May even be asked to leave the facility.
- To be taken from the penalty mark or 8 yards away
- The kicker is to aim at goal, with the intention of scoring.
- All players must be at or behind the midfield line except for the kicker and goal keeper.
- The kicker shall not play the ball a second time until it has been touched by another player. (If the goal keeper touches or saves the ball then the kicker may attempt the rebound as long as keeper does not have ball in his/her possession)
COED: All goals scored count as 1 (girls, guys, keepers)
1) Every team makes the playoffs (1vs8, 4vs5) (2vs7, 3vs6)
2) Semi-finals and final will be played on the same night
3) One 5 minute Golden Goal period followed by 3 PK’s from the top of the Goal Box.
4) If still tied then sudden death PK’s. (Players who were on the field shoot first then we move on to the rest of the roster. If still tied once everyone on the team has shot then players may take their 2nd shot in whatever order the captain prefers)
1) No Food or Drink on the indoor field
2) No checking into the walls will be tolerated. Players defending against an opponent on the wall must only shadow the player in attempt to win possession of the ball. Physical contact will be called by the referee. A player attempting to hold the ball in the corner for longer than 10 seconds will be called for delay of game.
3) GK box is 8 yards from goal line and 1 yard from the outside of the post (extends to the back wall) *Depends on how facility lines the box but this is what we have asked of them
4) Players must have picture ID on hand to verify they are who they say they are on the roster
5) Each team is responsibile for bringing one game ball (size 5 standard outdoor ball) and an alternate kit/uniform just in case both teams standard kits are the same color
6) No Alcohol is permitted outside the facility (Beers can be bought at the concession stand next to the ice rink) **$22.50 for 15 assorted beers or $2 per beer**
7) As of now only Red and Yellow cards carry over. 3 yellow cards in one season will result in one game suspension or option to buy out by paying card fee which is currently at $30
8)Current BASL indoor league members receive 15% off other activities including ice skating at indoor facility.
**Contact Jax Sportsplex for exact info**
9) The word or decision of the Field Marshal is the FINAL word of BASL (please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
for any rule clarifications)