2017 Rate Policy (New referee game rates for Nov. 1st 2018):
BASL uses an automated check run process utilizing "Digital Check" processing. This is different, by being flexible in many aspects. The first thing is that your correct Email Address is important for us to have in our accounting file, if you want to get paid without issue.
1. BASL will continue to do check runs every week typically on Mondays. This will include the week's games 2 weeks prior (not the single week prior!). We maintain 1 week buffer between each check run as we adjust and confirm the weeks on-line Field Marshal reports.
2. The referee "check stub" gets emailed out to the referees who are part of the check-run from our Vendor/Accounts Payable staff (usually Irene)
3. Digital checks are created in our accounting system and integrated to our processor Checkbook.io The referee receives an email containing the Digital Check from "BASL Soccer" "email@example.com" with complete instructions on how to automatically deposit it to your Bank, or to print out.
Make SURE @checkbook.io emails are finding its way to your APPROVED email box and not sitting in your SPAM box.
If you choose to link the deposit directly to your Bank, subsequent payments from BASL will automatically transact and process deposits directly to your bank without further intervention. Please note choosing the printout option of the Digital Check contains everything required to do mobile banking of both front and back of the BASL check. If you choose to print and take the printed check to a bank Teller, they may be new to Digital Checks, so let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you received difficulty.
The next improvement we will be working on is the ability to have the Game record Check-stub detail automatically part of the digital check detail, rather than through a separate email from Irene. We'll get there.
Here are 2 typical questions we receive:
Do recipients need to sign up to deposit a Digital Check? No, recipients don't need to sign up for a Checkbook account to receive a Digital Check. First-time recipients have to verify their bank to deposit the Digital Check; all future transfers will be deposited automatically.
How Do I Verify My Bank? There are two ways you can verify your bank to set up an account. You need to verify your bank to send, receive or request money:
You can verify your bank instantly if you have an account with one of the partnered banks. You will be able to see a list of these banks through a drop down menu. Select your bank, enter your online banking Username and Password, our system will verify your bank instantly and securely. Once your bank has been verified, you are all set to send and receive checks!
Manual Verification Using Micro-Deposits:
If you are not comfortable entering your online banking Username and Password, or if your bank is not listed as one of our partners - select "My bank is not on this list" from the drop-down menu.
After manually entering the account and routing number, Checkbook will send you an email about manual verification and deposit 3 transactions into your bank in 1 business day. These amounts are all under $1 consisting of 2 debits and 1 credit. Simply take note of these amounts and enter them in the email. Your verification will be complete.
How long does it take to receive funds? Standard processing takes 3-4 business days after the receiver has verified their bank.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions concerning Checkbook.io can be found here: https://faq.checkbook.io/hc/en-us
- All new referees are expected to provide filled W9 form for our records. Those referees who are already in the system will be contacted to fill a W9 form if we do not already have one on file. See link to the right to download the form for yourself.
- New referees will not be paid until we have received a filled W9 form.
- BASL pays the referees for their services by mailed check typically once per week. Currently the Referee check runs are typically done on Mondays or Tuesdays for the prior week’s reported games.
- 11v11 games Center Referee $65, Assistant Referee $35
- 7v7 games Single Referee $31
- 6v6 games Single Referee $25
-Youth Indoor league Single Referee $20
- sub-contracted referees are under a "1099" status (meaning we require your Taxing ID or Social Security for our accounting files)
- all referees used for our games are assigned via Florida State Referee Association certified referee "assignors"
- Expect Payment within 14 days.
Adjusted Payment Policy:
- cancelled game before ref left has left house: no pay (contact assignor as potential reschedule situation)
- cancelled game after ref. has left their house for the game $12 per ref. for the first games (not subsequent 2nd and 3rd sets)
- if ref. shows at game and game series are cancelled due to weather (or out of our control like electrical issues with lights) $12 per ref. (not subsequent 2nd and 3rd sets)
- if game starts and is not finished because of weather - full pay
- NOTE: if referee cancels game due to weather - no pay - Only BASL Operations Manager or Board Member may cancel a game
for subsequent (2nd or 3rd) games:
- if game is cancelled by game time - no pay (reschedule situation, ensure Assignor gets you makeup games)
- if referees wait for weather to clear but it does not - (reschedule situation, ensure Referee Assignor assigns you to makeup games)
- if the game starts and then cannot be finished after first half (no reschedule) - full pay
cancellations due to team forfeits at the field:
- full pay, eg. not enough players on one side.