- 4 Players plus goalie.
- Coed teams must have 2 women on the field at all times (keeper is included). If short than team plays short players. (i.e. if you have one women, you would play 3 guys, 1 women. The other team does not need to play short players if they are legal. If a player is given a red card the player is ejected, and the team sits a man down the rest of the game. The player serving the ejected player can be male or female.
- Minimum Number of Players to Start Match: 4 players including a goalkeeper
- Minimum Number of Players to Finish Match: 3 players
- Substitution Limit: None
- Substitution Method: "On the Fly" (all players but the goalkeeper enter and leave as they please; goalkeeper substitutions can only be made when the ball is out of play and with a referee’s consent)
Players’ Uniform & Equipment
Numbered shirts that all match in color, shorts, socks, protective shinguards and indoor soccer footwear with rubber soles. Team must have matching colored shirts and full soccer attire. Both cleats and indoor shoes are allowed.
- Keeper can not pick ball up from a teammates pass from his/her foot. (does not matter whether or not the ball hits the wall or not) (Violation of this rule results in an indirect kick from the spot of the foul)
- Goal kick is on the ground anywhere within the penalty box.
- On a throw the ball must touch a player, or ground before crossing the half way line. (Violation of this rule results in an indirect kick from mid-field)
- No Punting or dropkicks. (Violation of this rule results in an indirect kick from mid-field)
Duration of the Game
- Duration: Two equal periods of 25 minutes on a running clock for adult league games. (Clock stops for injuries and equipment delays) *Youth Indoor games are 20 minute halves. Half-time: Maximum of 2 minutes
- Tournament 12 minute games 6 minute halves
- NO Golden Goal 3 pks only for playoffs
The Start of Play Procedure:
The kick-off is a direct kick and does not need to travel forward first.
Ball is out of Play:
- When it hits any part of the netting, roof, lights, or leaves field of play. Restart as indirect kick.
- When ball stops behind the net it is either a corner kick or goal kick depending on which team touched it last.
- Ball hitting the netting on the ends of the field are corner or goal kick
Kick-in and Free Kicks
- Kick-in to be taken in place of the throw-in.
- The kick-in must be taken within 6 seconds after a referee has place it; if it is not, the kick-in is given to the opposing team.
- The ball is placed at the point it left the field or where the infraction occurred.
- The kicker cannot play the ball a second time until it has been played by another player; infringement of this rule entail an indirect free kick to the opposing from the point of infringement.
- Players of opposing team must be at least 10ft away from point of kick-in.
- Cannot score directly from a kick-in.
- Goal Kicks are Direct (5 yards radius of opposing player can be enforced)
Fouls and Misconduct Direct free kick awarded when a player intentionally commits any of the following offenses (penalty kick awarded when infringement takes place in penalty area):
kicking or attempting to kick an opponent
tripping an opponent
jumping at an opponent
charging an opponent in a violent or dangerous manner
charging an opponent from behind
holding an opponent
pushing an opponent
charging an opponent with shoulder (i.e., shoulder charge)
sliding at an opponent (i.e., sliding tackle)
handling the ball (except goalkeeper)
Indirect free kick awarded when any of the following offenses is committed.
dangerous play (e.g. attempting to kick ball held by goalkeeper)
charging the goalkeeper in the penalty area (i.e., goalkeeper charge)
goalkeeper throws ball directly over the halfway-line (without it first touching his own side of the pitch or any player)
goalkeeper picks up or touches with his hands a kick-in or pass from a teammate
Players shall be cautioned (blue carded) when:
Foul or abusive language to referee or another player.
A substituting player enters the pitch from an incorrect position or before the player he is substituting has entirely left the pitch.
A player persistently infringes the Laws of the Game.
A player shows dissent with any decision of the referee
A player is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct.
Blue-card offenses are punishable by an indirect free kick taken from the point of infringement. When a blue card is issued, player(including Keeper) must leave field for a 2 minute penalty (cool down) and must wait until referee invites him/her back on field or until opposing team scores a goal. Team must continue play with one player down.
Cautionable Offenses : (A referee issues a Yellow Card )
1. Second Blue Card
2. Provoking altercation: Making physical contact with an opponent (e.g. pushing, sliding, holding, tripping or poking), short of fighting, or using the ball in so doing.
Yellow Card (for a player’s second Blue card): 2-minute time penalty (cool down) for the player(including Keeper) and a warning of the subsequent possibility of an ejection. When a yellow card is issued, team must play one player down until referee invites him/her back on field or if opposing team scores a goal.
Players shall be sent off (red carded) for:
Fighting or spitting
serious foul play
continuous foul or abusive language
Third Blue Card offense (i.e., second yellow card or straight red card)
intentionally impeding a clear goal opportunity (e.g. through a "professional foul")
- To be taken from the penalty mark or 8 yards away
- All players must be at or behind the midfield line except for the kicker and goal keeper.
- The kicker shall not play the ball a second time until it has been touched by another player. (If the goal keeper touches or saves the ball then the kicker may attempt the rebound as long as keeper does not have ball in his/her possession)
COED: All goals scored count as 1 (girls, guys, keepers)
Playoffs Tie Breaker:
- One 5 minute Golden Goal period, followed by 3 PK’s from the top of the Goal Box.
- If still tied then sudden death PK’s. (Players who were on the field shoot first then we move on to the rest of the roster. If still tied once everyone on the team has shot then players may take their 2nd shot in whatever order their team captain/coach prefers)
- Tournament play 3 PK's (must be on the field) NO golden goal
- No Food or Drink on the indoor field, NO SPITTING ON THE FIELD OR ON ANY FIELD EQUIPMENT.
- No checking into the walls will be tolerated. Players defending against an opponent on the wall must only shadow the player in attempt to win possession of the ball. Physical contact will be called by the referee. A player attempting to hold the ball in the corner for longer than 10 seconds will be called for delay of game.
- GK box is 8 yards from goal line and 1 yard from the outside of the post *Depends on how facility lines the box but this is what we have asked of them
- No Alcohol is permitted outside the facility
- BASL general rules apply also.